My background spans all phases of the creative process, from research to strategy to implementation working within non-profit, civic, community and private sectors. I bring 10+ years of experience in human-centered design and research with a foundation in cognitive psychology, skills in physical and digital design, and an entrepreneurial drive. In my various professional roles, I have been responsible for directing the application of human-centered, iterative research and design methods to develop products, programs, and services in order to solve complex problems with communities and civic leaders. I believe that flexible research, thoughtful analysis, co-creation, iteration, and cross-disciplinary collaboration are the key ingredients of successful projects.
I'm currently based in San Francisco, was born & raised in the rural midwest, and am happy to have called New York, Chicago, Seattle, and Copenhagen "home".
Skills & Expertise:
- Human centered design & research
- Community design | Facilitation and leadership
- Creative direction & strategy
- Qualitative & quantitative research methodologies
- Data visualization | Research communication
- Installations | Exhibitions - experiential & interactive
- Building | managing relationships & partnerships
- Project management & design oversight