My background spans all phases of program development and the creative process, from partnership development and project scoping, research and strategy to implementation and impact measurement; working within non-profit, civic, community, and private sectors. I bring 10+ years of experience in human-centered practice with a foundation in community psychology, strategic visioning and implementation, a passion for teaching others, and an entrepreneurial spirit. In my various professional roles, I have been responsible for directing the application of research and design methods to develop products, programs, and services in order to solve complex problems with communities and civic leaders. I believe that flexible research, thoughtful analysis, co-creation, iteration, and cross-disciplinary collaboration are the key ingredients of successful and sustainable outcomes.
I'm currently based in San Francisco, was born & raised in the rural midwest, and am happy to have called New York, Chicago, Seattle, and Copenhagen "home".
Skills & Expertise:
- Human centered design & research
- Community design | facilitation, training, and education leadership
- Creative direction & strategy
- Qualitative & quantitative research methodologies
- Data visualization | Impact measurement
- Building | managing relationships & partnerships
- Project management & program oversight